- How do I print a test card?
- How do I clean the printer?
- How do I clean the feeding roller?
- I try to print cards but get no answer from the printer. What should I do?
- When I launch a print job, a blank card gets ejected. How do I fix this problem?
- My printed cards look pale / the print quality is poor.
- I notice partial or incorrect printing on my cards.
- My cards get jammed in the printer.
How do I print a test card?
- Go to your Printers and Faxes folder
- Right click on the Nisca PR-C101, choose printing preferences
- Click on the Maintenance tab
- Click on the Test Data Printing Icon
- A test card will print.
How do I clean the printer?
- Turn on the power and switch from Normal Mode to User Mode.
- Press the Menu Key until [Cleaning >>] appears and then press the EXE Key.
- Remove the cards from the Card Case and then press the EXE Key.
- If cards are loaded, [Remove Cards] appears.
- When the cards have been removed, [Push EXE (NEXT)] appears.
- [Set Cleaning Card] appears when the Cleaning Card is loaded.
- Remove the protection sheet from the sticky surface of the Cleaning Card, and then load it with the sticky surface face down.
- When the Cleaning Card is loaded, [Push EXE (Start)] appears.
- Press the EXE Key.
- The Cleaning Card is pulled into the printer and cleaning starts.
- The Cleaning Card comes out of the Card Ejection Slot 1 when cleaning is completed.
How do I clean the feeding roller?
- Turn off the power.
- Remove the Card Case. Grip the Card Case by the ridges on its side and pull it as indicated by arrow in the illustration.
- Wipe the roller clean. Use a soft cloth and very pure alcohol to wipe the roller clean. Turn the roller as you wipe it to clean it in the direction of an arrow.
I try to print cards but get no answer from the printer. What should I do?
- Check that there is a print driver for your printer in the Windows configuration. Check that the printer is selected as the default printer.
- Check that the power cable is correctly connected to the printer and to a working electrical socket. Make sure you are using the power supply unit supplied with the printer.
- Check that the USB cable is connecting the printer to your computer.
- Check that the ribbon is fitted correctly and that the cover is closed.
- Check that there are cards in the card feeder. Check that no cards are jammed in the printer.
- Print a test card.
When I launch a print job, a blank card gets ejected. How do I fix this problem?
- Check that the ribbon is not finished or damaged. Replace it or re-install it if necessary.
- The print head may be damaged: print a test card. If the test card does not print, contact our support team.
My printed cards look pale / the print quality is poor.
- Check that your cards are perfectly clean. Use new cards.
- Run a cleaning cycle.
- Check that there are no wrinkles on the ribbon surface.
- Clean the print head.
- Check that the ribbon is correctly positioned in the printer.
I notice partial or incorrect printing on my cards.
- Check that no area of the card design to be printed is outside the print margins.
- If irregular characters are printed, check that you are in fact using the USB cable supplied with your printer. Check the connection between the computer and the printer. Try using another cable of the same type.
- Clean the printer, especially the cleaning roller.
- Check that the cards are clean. Store your cards in a dust-free environment.
- Check that the ribbon is fitted correctly and that it spools freely.
- Check the print head.
My cards get jammed in the printer.
Remove the card as follows:
- Remove cards from the Card Case.
- Open the Front Cover, and then rotate the Ejection Dial to the left. Jammed cards are ejected.
To prevent card jams:
- Check that the cards are flat. Keep them in a horizontal position.
- Check that the cards are not stuck together. Fan the cards before loading them.