The Entrust Sigma DS3 ID Card Printer emerges as a beacon of innovation and reliability. Designed to cater to the diverse needs of modern organizations, the Sigma DS3 stands out with its blend of advanced security features, user-friendly operation, and versatile ID card issuance capabilities. Entrust Datacard Sigma SL3 ID Card Printer offers a combination of speed, quality, ease of use, and robust support options, making it a suitable choice for organizations looking for reliable and efficient ID card printing.
- Printing Capability: It offers single-sided and dual-sided printing options using dye-sublimation technology. This allows for detailed and vibrant print quality, suitable for photo IDs and other identification cards.
- Speed and Efficiency: The Sigma DS3 can print up to 250 cards per hour, making it a suitable choice for environments where high-volume card printing is required. This speed ensures quick turnaround times for ID card production.
- Print Resolution: 300 dots per inch (dpi), with options of 300 X 600 or 300 X 1200.
- Print Speed: Varies with up to 1100 cards per hour for monochrome printing. Color printing speed depends on single or double-sided options.
- Card Capacity: Can handle up to 125 cards in the input hopper and 25 cards in the output hopper (with an optional increase to 100).
- Card Sizes: Supports standard ID-1, CR-79, and CR-80 dimensions
- Design and Functionality: Rated as one of the most straightforward, most secure, and most brilliant ID card printers on the market, the Sigma DS3 is designed for ease of use and reliable performance. It is built to be ready to use right out of the box, simplifying setup and operation.
- Issuance Flexibility: The Sigma DS3 offers the flexibility to issue IDs using either cloud-based or on-premise software
Benefits of Using an Entrust Datacard DS3 Printer
- Out-of-Box Experience: It is designed to simplify the unboxing process, making it easier to start using the printer.
- Printer Dashboard: This feature allows you to monitor printer status, order supplies, check cleaning status, update firmware, or contact support, all from a mobile device
- Physical & Digital: The printer can issue both a physical ID card and a digital ID (mobile flash pass) simultaneously
- Customization Options: It allows for a high degree of customization, enabling organizations to design cards that meet their specific requirements, including integrating various security elements and aesthetic preferences
Unmatched Security for Sensitive Environments
For industries where data protection is paramount, such as healthcare and finance, the Sigma DS3's robust encryption, TPM Module, and Secure Boot provide an indispensable layer of security. This ensures that sensitive personal and organizational data remain safeguarded against unauthorized access.
For ID card printing with the Entrust Sigma DS3 printer, there are several software options available that are compatible and designed to maximize the printer's capabilities. The most suitable software would depend on your specific needs, such as the complexity of the ID cards, the volume of cards to be printed, and any special features or security requirements. Here are some popular choices:
- Entrust Instant ID Software: This is a direct offering from Entrust, the manufacturer of the Sigma DS3 printer. It's designed to integrate seamlessly with the printer, offering a smooth and efficient printing process. It provides options for both basic and advanced ID card design and printing needs.
- CardExchange Solutions: These software options offer a range of features from basic to advanced card design and database management. They are known for their user-friendly interface and robust functionality.
- ID Works Photo Identification Card Software by Datacard: This software is known for its versatility and ease of use. It offers a range of features for designing and printing ID cards, as well as database management.
- EasyBadge: EasyBadge is an intuitive ID card software that is designed to simplify the process of creating and printing ID cards. It's known for its ease of use, making it a good choice for those who are not very technical.
- Asure ID Software: This is a feature-rich ID card design and printing software, known for its flexibility and powerful database management features. It's suitable for both small and large-scale ID card printing needs.
The Entrust Sigma DS3 ID Card Printer faces competition from several notable printers in the market, each with its own set of features and target markets:
Target Market: Ideal for smaller, cost-conscious organizations like small businesses, schools, and local governments.
- Fastest in its class, with high-quality output.
- Simple plug-and-play setup.
- Built-in security with AES-256 encryption.
- Eco-friendly with energy-efficient design.
- Printing capabilities include single or dual-sided dye sublimation/resin thermal transfer, with a resolution of 300 dpi and a print speed of 16 seconds per card.
Target Market: Versatile enough for various card types like credit, debit, identity, access, loyalty, and public transportation passes.
- Highly graphical LED/LCD interface for easy operation.
- Fast print speeds for large batches.
- Groundbreaking driver with graphical user interface.
- Fool-proof ribbon changing and effortless manual card feed.
- Advanced security with printer and host authentication, and AES data encryption?
Installing and setting up an Entrust Datacard Sigma DS3 ID card printer is a straightforward process that requires minimal technical knowledge and skills. The first step is to unpack the printer and make sure that all the necessary components are in the package, including the power supply, USB cable, user manual, software CD, and ink ribbon.
Once you have everything at hand, the next step is to connect the printer to a power source and turn it on. You can do this by plugging in the power cable and pressing the power button located on the control panel. Ensure that the printer is connected to your computer, typically via a USB cable. You may need to install the printer driver software from the CD that comes with the printer if your computer doesn't have it pre-installed.
Next, the user must load the ink ribbon and blank ID cards into the printer. The ink ribbon is loaded into a designated compartment in the printer, typically found on the side or top of the device. You will need to follow the instructions in the user manual to properly load the ribbon.
Insert the blank ID cards into the input hopper of the printer. Ensure that the cards are loaded face down, and the magnetic stripe is facing up. You also need to make sure that the card size and thickness match the printer's specifications to avoid any issues during the printing process.
After loading the ink ribbon and ID cards, the last step is to install the printer software and set the printer preferences to suit your needs. You need to ensure that the software is compatible with your operating system.
Once the driver and software are installed, you will have access to various functions that will enable you to design, print, and encode your ID cards. The software includes different templates, fonts, and image editing tools that can be used to create unique and professional-looking ID cards. You can also set various printer preferences, such as card orientation, text size, and image resolution, to customize your card design further.