Thales Gemalto Double-sided ID Card Reader CR5400, part of our document reader solutions, scans and checks IDs in double-time, reading the front and back simultaneously.
There's no wrong way to insert the card into the ID reader – all you need to do is drop it in.
The color-coded LED lights provide a real-time status response, and it automatically ejects the card once it has been read.
You can verify customer IDs in seconds.
The reader is designed for:
Software must be installed on a customer-supplied PC, some aspects of the read speed may be affected by PC specification. The following minimum configuration is recommended:
• 2 GHz Pentium® 4 CPU (Intel Core 2 Duo recommended)
• 1 GB DRAM
• USB 2.0
• 60 MB of Hard Drive space for software
• Windows® 7, Windows® 8.1 or Windows® 10 operating systems, 32 or 64 bit
• Builds for Ubuntu and CentOS LTS, 32 & 64 bit
• macOS (limited SDK functionality)
• USB Powered Imager — USB Powered
• Imager and Cradle — 1.2A, 5V, Universal input wall-mount external power supply
The cradle can have the following factory fit options:
• eID RFID
• MSR: ISO 7810 and ISO 7811 AAMVA 3-Track Mag
• Contact smart card according to ISO7816
• NOTE It is not possible to install both MSR and contact smart card options at the same time
• Upgradeable firmware via USB 2.0 interface
• Non-volatile memory for configuration and calibration accessed via USB 2.0 interface
• FCC Part 15 Class A
• UL, UL-C
• CB report
• CE — RED, LVD & EMC
• EU WEEE, REACH & RoHS Directives
• Humidity: 20 to 95% (R.H. non-condensing)
• Temperature: 0º to 40º C operating; ?20º to 50º C storage
Imager Only Imager and Cradle
• Length: 15.5 cm / 6.1? 17.7cm / 7.0?
• Width: 10.8 cm / 4.3? 10.8cm / 4.3?
• Height: 10.2 cm / 4.0? 12.5cm / 4.9?
• Weight: < 1 Kg / 2.2 lbs 1.1Kg / 2.4lbs
Service & Maintenance
• Two-year warranty
• Annual maintenance agreement available
• Each reader is supplied with one cleaning card