Discontinuation of the Fargo C30e; Replacement with Fargo DTC1000
ID Security Online would like to announce the replacement of the Fargo C30e with the Fargo DTC1000
. The two provide many of the same features and reliability that you've come to know and the only differences are several upgrades in the Fargo DTC1000. For example, the DTC1000 has a print speed of 24 seconds/per card for one-sided color prints, versus 27 seconds/per card in the older model, and 31 seconds/per card for double-sided color prints versus 35 seconds/per print in the Fargo C30e.
The new model comes with a combination of Ethernet and USB, while the C30e came with the option for Ethernet as an accessory.
The C30e holds 2MB of RAM, in contrast to the DTC1000's 3MB.
Operating System Compatibility
The operating systems in common between both models are Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP and Linux, and the DTC1000 is also compatible with Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista (both 32- and 64-bit) and Windows 7 (both 32-and 64-bit).
The features in common between both models are:
- Single- or dual-sided printing capabilities
- Direct-to-card and rewrite printing options
- Accepted card thickness of 9-40 mil
- Accepted card sizes of CR80 & adhesive-backed CR79
- Input hopper capacity of 100 cards of 30 mil
- Output hopper capacity of 30 cards of 30 mil
- Magstripe encoding options of contact and contactless cards
- Printer warranty of 2 years
- Printhead warranty of 2 years plus unlimited passes